[ltp] T30 Linux OS?

Robin Becker linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 21 Oct 2013 10:04:20 +0100

On 20/10/2013 18:51, Beartooth wrote:

> 	I run mostly Fedora (plus a little CentOS); my T30 did fine up
> through F18, but developed problems with F19 which are worse than I want
> to cope with. (I'm trying, not very hopefully, to downgrade back to F18.)
>
> 	Is anyone here running CentOS 6.4 or other current release of
> some major Linux distribution on a T30? Helpful hints??

I have a T30i which is running Arch linux (so also with systemd etc etc). I
updated this weekend to linux 3.11.5-1 and that seems to run fine. I am still
using the old style bios though, if that might be relevant. I have no issues
with most of the linux software except that I cannot run some of the ibm
thinkpad specific modules so have no hdaps or battery control.
--
Robin Becker