[ltp] Re: T30 Linux OS?

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 23 Oct 2013 20:59:32 -0400

On 10/23/2013 04:30 PM, Axel Braun wrote:
> Beartooth wrote:
>
>> I run mostly Fedora (plus a little CentOS); my T30 did fine up
>> through F18, but developed problems with F19 which are worse than I want
>> to cope with. (I'm trying, not very hopefully, to downgrade back to F18.)
>>
>> Is anyone here running CentOS 6.4 or other current release of
>> some major Linux distribution on a T30? Helpful hints??
> I run openSUSE 11.4 (evergreen release) on a A30, with LXDE desktop. Runs
> fine :-)

Ubuntu 12.04 on two different A31 TPs, just a tad slow but still faster
than any win!@#$ install and none of the (W) endless driver and SP drama.
I seem to remember some issue with Mint on these.
12.04 is still available since it's LTS.

I do some embedded controller work and still need the s/p ports.