[ltp] T430i support in EFI

Fri, 6 Sep 2013 10:16:16 -0300

On Thu, 05 Sep 2013, Robin Becker wrote:
> I wasn't aware you could update the EC firmware separately. Does
> thinkpad_ec load for some EC version > 1.07 on the T430 machines?

Lenovo used to issue EC updates separately.  Even if they now bundle
BIOS/EFI+EC in the same download/installer, it is still a separate module.

The ThinkPad EC is a normal, off-the-shelf ACPI EC SoC, although I have no
idea which one is inside the modern thinkpads (and yes, that information
would be very useful).  There are probably at least two different EC
firmware families: one for the real thinkpads that goes way back to 15 years
ago (Yamato planars inside, and another for the generic-chinese-OEM-
planar-inside thinkpads (I don't think they use the same SoCs).

  Henrique Holschuh