[ltp] Re: ExpressCard SDXC reader (Sonnet SDXC-UHSI-E34)

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Sep 2013 09:10:56 +0200

--=-=-=

green <greenfreedom10@gmail.com> writes:

> Does anyone know how to make Debian wheezy (linux 3.2.0) detect an
> ExpressCard card reader (Sonnet SDXC-UHSI-E34)?  I have inserted a
> working SD card and tried loading the `pciehp` and `acpiphp` modules,
> but the modules do not load and no errors accessible via `dmesg`.
> There does not seem to be much current information on the net
> regarding PCMCIA and ExpressCard usage with Linux.  Thanks.

I just had to add acpiphp to /etc/modules[1] in order to get a Delock
61771 Express Card Compact Flash reader[2] to work under Xubuntu 13.04
on a Thinkpad X220 (same procedure on a Thinkpad X200). I can't remember
if I rebooted.=20

It works fine from what I can tell, except I have to actually insert a
CF card before it shows anything (took me a while to figure out) and I
have to insert it when the computer is on =E2=80=93 if I insert it while its
suspending, it won't show and I have to plug it out and in again while
it's on. Would be worse if it were the other way around :-)=20

(Also, the entry seems to "hang around" in Thunar after I've unplugged
it, I don't know where that bug might be.)

[1] Following https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ExpressCard

[2] http://www.delock.com/produkte/F_261_CardReader_61771/merkmale.html

=2DKevin