[ltp] noise in audio on T430s

Tamas Papp linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:16:29 +0200

Hi,

I am not an audiophile, but recently got Bose QC 15 noise-cancelling
headphones (for working on trains/airplanes).  They are so good that now
I notice the electical noise of the machine itself, since I play the
actual music on very low volume.

I was wondering it would be possible to recude this.  Opening up the
mixer and trying various settings, I did notice the muting "Speaker" in
"Intel Pantherpoint HDMI (OSS mixer)" gets rid of a lot of noise.  I
wonder if there is anything else I can try.

Alternatively, can someone recommend a USB-to-analog solution that is
small and had low noise?

Best,

Tamas