[ltp] 2nd gen X1 carbon 3g/lte Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE

morten linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Apr 2014 14:38:49 +0200

Hello Bjorn and others

I can report that the 4G modem works on ubuntu 14.04 out of the box
using (i guess) cdc_wdm.

On 04/10/2014 03:19 PM, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> writes:
>
>>> Please let me know if there are other data you need. I will also be
>>> happy to do more remote testing.
>> I am completely lost wrt how we mess up the MBIM control channel in
>> v3.14.  So it would be nice to have some dumps of the USB traffic when
>> you try to use mbimcli.  So if you could do
>>
>>   modprobe usbmon
>>   tshark -i usbmon2 -w /tmp/foo.pcap
>>
>> and try to connect using mbim-network or mbimcli commands.
>>
>> Stop the capture when mbimcli has started failing and send me the
>> resulting foo.pcap.  I'm hoping it shows something obviously wrong.
>>
>> It's best if you can do this with as little other USB traffic as
>> possible on the same USB bus.
> Correction: Better make the capture command
>
>    tshark -i usbmon2 -s 2000 -w /tmp/foo.pcap
>
> to sure we capture the whole buffer.
It appears that my virtual machine setup was the issue, since the
command did not capture any usb traffic
now that i have upgraded my ubuntu to 14.04
Linux thinkpad 3.13.0-24-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Thu Apr 10 19:11:08 UTC
2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

every thing works as expected.