[ltp] Graphics acceleration for Firefox, does this exist anymore?

Paul Seelig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 29 Apr 2014 22:15:32 +0200

On 04/29/2014 08:21 PM, Rubin Abdi wrote:
> Are you viewing with HTML5? If you view a video on Youtube through
> HTML5, how much CPU is Firefox using up and what's your system
> load?

Now you got me! :) I actually never view any kind of video in any
browser, simply because i consider them to be poor video players. I
usually download the to disk first, either using the very versatile
youtube-dl (included in Debian) or the very helpful Firefox extension
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-youtube .

I always considered Firefox to be a miserable video player, and much
prefer mplayer or vlc, whatever suits the moment best.