[ltp] Re-mapped End key results in stuck E key

mhoran linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 25 Apr 2014 19:12:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hello -

I've re-mapped the End key to Control on my X1 Carbon (second generation)
via a udev rule. Until a recent BIOS update, this was working just fine.
However, post as of at least 1.12 and including 1.13, the Control-E
combination (End-E with the mapping) results in the E key getting stuck.
Hitting any other key after the E gets stuck will cause the repeat to stop.
However, the next time E is pressed, it will not register. It has to be
pressed a third time, at which point it will register (and not repeat.)

I realize this is quite a weird bug, and an odd circumstance leading to it.
However, I am not the only one to have experienced this issue. There is
another user on the Arch Linux forums in the same situation [1]. The repeat
only happens with the E key, and does not happen with the same mapping
applied to the Home key.

Any help would be much appreciated.

[1] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1403522#p1403522