[ltp] TP Yoga - touchpad psmouse lost sync, buttons hanging / freeze

Martin N linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 03 Aug 2014 22:53:25 +0100

Lo,

At 16:45 31/07/2014, you wrote:
>Hi!
>Since I reported this issue I thought I should also post the "solution":
>The hardware was bad.

snip

>Is it normal that Lenovo service people do not use ESD protection? I was
>really amazed that the guy not even bothered to ground himself nor the
>workspace while handling ESD sensitive parts.

Having worked in a couple of PC workshops it is normal for no ESD
wrist strap to be used.
I have seen an ESD mat used however in one shop but it was not
mentioned in training.

Dont know about Lenovo but ESD protection seems to be done mainly in
classes rather than
in the real world.

Martin

Running MorphOS v3.1 (July 2012) on a PowerPC Powerbook, Moderator of
MiniDisc,amithlonopen,bwfc Yahoogroups