[ltp] Thinking about a T540p

Dmitry Mikhailov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 02 Feb 2014 02:08:47 +0600

On 02/01/2014 05:36 PM, William Fleming wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Just spotted this mailing list and wondered if anyone has experience
> with any of the new Levono Thinkpads. Thinking about getting myself
> one but want dual external monitor support. Is this something that
> anyone has got working. Its got display port and VGA but will VGA
> support any higher resolution (1080p and beyond?)
VGA port can definitely drive 1920x1080 - tried that on a T61. Max res
is 2048x1536. Technically I don't see a problem driving higher
resolution but AFAIK there are no solutions in silicon. And you may be
not pleased with the picture quality on such high resolutions.

--
Best regards,
         Dmitry Mikhailov