[ltp] Anyone played with an X240 yet?

Jochen Spieker linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Feb 2014 09:30:56 +0100

--m51xatjYGsM+13rf

Florian Reitmeir:
>=20
> it does not have any mouse buttons, so you cannot simple disable the
> touchpad. but there are some hacks flowing.. to reconfigure the
> touchpad..

My understanding is that it is possible to use the touchpad for click
events only while cursor movevement and scrolling is disabled. Is this
correct?

The current state of things is really frustrating. I am currently using
a five year old X200 and the X240 is the first successor that would be a
real upgrade, especially in terms if display quality. But the touchpad
issue plus the problems listed in the link below have really put me off
so far.

https://github.com/leoluk/thinkpad-stuff/wiki/Haswell-ThinkPad-problems

J.
--=20