[ltp] Re: Anyone played with an X240 yet?

Evgeni Golov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Feb 2014 10:53:09 +0100

Hi Peter,

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 12:42:06AM -0800, Peter FuPing Zhang wrote:

> If you meet any Linux compatibility issues on ThinkPads, please try to ping me, I will check if there is anything I can help.

Well, as you offer this... :)

Is there any chance to get documentation on the motion (HDAPS) sensor of
the newer ThinkPads? AFAICT the in-kernel hdaps driver does not cope
with them, and the tp-smapi version fails to find any EC at all, failing
all over the place (the battery thresholds were taken care of via ACPI,
but HDAPS is still missing).

Regards
Evgeni, with no hats whatsoever ;-)

--
Bruce Schneier can read and understand Perl programs.