[ltp] Re: Anyone played with an X240 yet?

Paul Sladen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Feb 2014 19:26:56 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 21 Feb 2014, Peter FP Zhang wrote:
> Can you wait for several weeks, the HDAPS feature for Linux is being
> developed...

Hi Peter, nine years ago I was able to get the HDAPS sensor working in
an afternoon at Debconf5, based on a new borrowed ThinkPad and some
pointers from an IBM employee, see LKML post with the pics:

  http://lkml.iu.edu//hypermail/linux/kernel/0507.1/0751.html

Would you be able to arrange a hardware loaner and provide some
pointers for how the Windows implementation pokes the EC.  We could
probably get this going fairly quickly, and that would also take the
load off yourselves.

	-Paul