[ltp] How is the t440p reconizing, whether the case is closed?

Sun, 23 Feb 2014 10:42:41 +0100

--7ZAtKRhVyVSsbBD2

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 09:58:34AM +0100, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> I've recognized an issue where from time to time the thinkpad is going
> to standby (-> config on my Xfce when closing the case). This is happen,
> when I'm moving the book a little. It's quiet annoying when sitting in
> the train. Anybody able to tell me, how the case-closed event is getting
> triggerd?

I had the opposite problem on my T61: the lid sensor would spontaneously
trigger waking up my laptop while it was in my backpack.

I found that I could disable the lid as a wakeup source by doing

  echo LID > /proc/acpi/wakeup

in /etc/rc.local

Disabling suspend on lid closure is something that can be done in the
desktop environment.  I use GNOME, not Xfce, so I cannot tell you the
exact location of that option, but I'm sure there must be one somewhere.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
I have, however, attempted to stamp out burning thermite (not recommended),
neglected to note that I'd lit the fuse of a homemade grenado (not recommen=
ded)
and only noticed I was standing in a cloud of gasoline vapour after I struc=
k a
match (also not recommended).
        -- James Nicoll

--7ZAtKRhVyVSsbBD2