[ltp] Re: Display ghosting on X220 IPS display?

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Feb 2014 09:20:37 +0100

Rubin Abdi <rubin@starset.net> writes:

> This might be more a bunk hardware issue than a Linux thing. Often when
> I'm tabbing between windows that contain a lot of high contrasty stuff
> (such as a text item list where each line is display in an alternating
> color from the previous), to a window with a block of solid white or
> solid black, I can see this vauge ghost of the previous window appear in
> the blank space. If I tab back and forth a few more time, or to another
> window tht isn't as blocky and contrasty (like a photo o a bunch of
> text), the ghosting goes away.
> Anyone else notice an issue like this?

Sorry to be digging up an old thread, but yes, I do see it. It got
annoying when editing an image just after having stared for a while at a
bright PDF.

(Not too long ago, Lenovo service changed the display due to an
unrelated issue, unfortunately I can't remember if I saw it on the
previous display I had, but it's definitely there now.)

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?DocID=3DHT051485 basically
says not to worry, but it is a worry if you're trying to do image
editing and the display is showing stuff that's not actually there :(
(Also, make sure you don't have your ~/.authinfo.gpg shown in a text
editor for too long at a time =3DP)

Did you find a good workaround other than turning on a screensaver and
waiting it out? (Ie. are there any other settings that might prevent the

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

GPG: 0x766AC60C

Version: GnuPG v1