[ltp] T440p and Touchpad with Xfce

Ralf Hemmecke linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 25 Jan 2014 15:15:28 +0100

>> xinput enable "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
>> xinput disable "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"
>>
>> works for me and switches on/off the touchpad (including the buttons).
>> (I have a W520, though.)

> Yepp, that's the issue. This also seems to deactivate the buttons. I
> just want to deactivate the "touch" ... difficult as the buttons are
> now included into the touchpad with t440p.

Ooops, sorry, I seem not to have read your mails correctly.

I didn't know before, but playing with the properties led me to
switching of the buttons (which I was personally looking for). But then
I tried a bit more and found this

xinput set-prop "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" "Synaptics Area" 0 3000 0 3000

That makes only the upper right rectable of my touchpad available for
moving the pointer. If I replace 3000 by 1, then I cannot move the
pointer anymore, but the buttons still work.

Hope that helps for your laptop as well.

Ralf