[ltp] display resolution suddenly wrong on x121e (EDID?)

Jonathan Dowland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 31 Jan 2014 21:37:52 +0000

Hi,

My x121e has a panel with a native resolution of 1366x768. I've just
overhauled my root partition (a virtual reinstall of Debian) and
afterwards my resolution is stuck at 1280x800. The odd thing is, it's
this at all times now: in the BIOS, in Grub, in text mode, in X.

The result has ~2cm of black bar on the right hand side and ~1cm of
overscan at the bottom.

I guess the monitor EDID is now wrong. Any idea how I might have
caused that to happen, merely uninstalling and reinstalling packages
in Debian GNU/Linux? Or coincidence - corruption in firmware or
something?

Thanks