[ltp] Re-mapped End key results in stuck E key

Matt Horan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 2 Jun 2014 21:14:01 -0400

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 10:42:43PM -0400, Matt Horan wrote:
> > Anyway, xev is quite helpful for debugging, while xmodmap and xbindkeys
> > can help with the mappings. I'm not necessarily sure you need to go as
> > far as udev-rules for this.
>
> The udev rules are required for the remap to work properly after suspend
> and resume, as well as in the console. xmodmap and xbindkeys are great,
> but they do not persist, and only map from within X. If you've worked
> with the new X1 Carbon, you may understand how frustrating that is.
>
> Thanks for your suggestions! I really do think it is a BIOS issue given
> that the downgrade resolves the issue.

I did some additional digging here. As it turns out, the key repeat is
not a result of the remapping. Under Linux (without the mapping), as
well as Windows, hitting the END key at the same time as the E key
results in a key repeat.

As reported on the Arch Linux forums, this issue first appeared in BIOS
version 1.09. All versions from 1.09 forward exhibit this behavior. As
the issue is not a result of the mapping, and is present under other
operating systems, I believe the issue needs attention from Lenovo.

Does anyone know how to engage someone from the Lenovo team who may be
able to look into this BIOS issue?

Thanks,

--
Matt Horan matt@matthoran.com http://matthoran.com/