[ltp] Hang on boot...

David Love linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 9 Jun 2014 13:52:35 +1200

Apart from the fact that I cannot boot from the battery, even though it is
a new one, my Thinkpad T60 has given good service until recently.  Now,
booting is very spasmodic.  Sometimes it boots without a problem and other
times it hangs on the initial distribution screen and refuses to complete
boot.  And the gap is widening - more no boots than successful ones :-(

Today, to check whether it could be a fault in the distribution, I
downloaded  v2.0 of LinuxLite and then burnt it to a DVD.  I tried it in
two desktops, and installed it on one, without any problems.

However, when I try to boot from the DVD on the Thinkpad, it hangs on the
initial LinuxLite screen.  I thought it might recover in time so left if
for an hour but it didn't go any further.

I have ensured that the boot order is DVDCDRom -> HDD.

Is anyone on the list able to suggest any tests I can carry out to
determine what could be wrong, please?

David
--
David Love
COMPUTER DEPARTMENT - mistake$ made whyle you waite.