[ltp] Which Thinkpads easiest to display on external HDMI?

Sat, 14 Jun 2014 18:32:31 -0700

I have owned my T520 for a few years and have liked it OK. It is the
4239-CTO model with only integrated video.

I'm disappointed to find out this weekend that it can't use the
DisplayPort out to an external HDMI monitor/TV since I don't have a
discrete video card in this model (according to the ThinkWiki).

I want to be able to display online videos from a laptop (mostly from
YouTube) to my TV which has an HDMI input. I had bought a
DisplayPort-to-HDMI cable for that purpose.

Can you recommend another (hopefully inexpensive but reliable) Thinkpad
that I should consider buying (used) that would be easy to setup for that=
?

I use Debian. I really don't want to invest a lot of time researching and
learning about drivers and problems with various hardware- I just would
like it to work.

Suggestions?

Thanks for your advice,
Keith Ostertag