[ltp] Which Thinkpads easiest to display on external HDMI?

Evgeni Golov linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 15 Jun 2014 15:06:34 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 06:32:31PM -0700, keitho@strucktower.com wrote:

> I have owned my T520 for a few years and have liked it OK. It is the
> 4239-CTO model with only integrated video.
>
> I'm disappointed to find out this weekend that it can't use the
> DisplayPort out to an external HDMI monitor/TV since I don't have a
> discrete video card in this model (according to the ThinkWiki).

Did you try it? My memory tells me that this problem exists only on
models with switchable graphics: you can drive the HDMI only from the
discrete GPU. On models with integrated GPU only, HDMI should just
work™ (and does on my el-cheapo L520 and the not-so-cheapo X220).

Greets
Evgeni

--
Bruce Schneier can read and understand Perl programs.