[ltp] T430i ac wireless card

Robin Becker linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2014 12:57:51 +0100

I use Arch linux on my T430i and it works well, but the wireless card is not
terribly good.

Having bought a new router I though of getting a card that supports AC eg Intel
Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, but that doesn't have an FRU number. An equivalent
(nearly) BM Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260 7260HMW AC 802.11b/g/n Mini PCI-E Wifi
+ Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter 04W3814 has an FRU, but doesn't claim to do AC.

What does the FRU actually mean? I'm not using EFI, but can the bios refuse to
use a card that doesn't have an FRU?

Also all the newer cards semm to come with bluetooth, I'm not sure if the T430i
has a separate blutooth module or if it's actually part of the wireless. What
would happen if I add a second bluetooth?
--
Robin Becker