[ltp] Re: Which Thinkpads easiest to display on external HDMI?

Fri, 27 Jun 2014 06:48:19 -0700

Hi Guys-

I wanted to post back to confirm that you guys were correct- I only neede=
to "trigger external display detection" for the HDMI cable adapter to wor=
with my T520 (without discrete graphics).

In fact, I didn't even need to invoke xrandr- in my case it was just a
matter of sequence. By turning on the TV, plugging in the
DisplayPort-to-DHDMI cable, then booting the laptop, it immediately
worked.

I will need to learn how to then control the resolution, but that's a
subject for a future post.

Thanks for your help!

Keith Ostertag