[ltp] Re: Verifying Linux compatibiliy for the LTE modems in the 2nd gen X1 Carbon

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 05 Mar 2014 08:31:38 -0500

Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Perfectly understandable. I'm not going to claim that there are many
> Linux users who care about 3G & LTE, so I'm not surprised that no big
> customers require it. Just judging by looking at my co-workers, who
> mostly use Thinkpads with 3G modules and have free mobile broadband, I
> do not see many real users. But there are some, including some Linux
> users.

One thing to bear in mind is that Android tablets & phones support 3G &
LTE and Android is built on Linux, so the drivers are out there, somewhere.