[ltp] Re: T420 Mute LED

Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:53:23 +0200

On Sun, Mar 09, 2014 at 09:58:34PM -0700, Peter FP Zhang wrote:
> T420 Mute/UnMute and its LED handling can not be controlled by event mask=
> other.
> Mute button event is reported to BIOS from embedded controller and BIOS
> processed it by itself to apply the mute setting  and LED. There is no
> interface to manage them.

Is that really a good idea?  When I mute the speaker using software, the
state of the LED doesn't change.  After that, if I use the button, the
LED shows the opposite of the actual mute state.

(X220 here, but I'm assuming the same design.)

Marius Gedminas
If you are good, you will be assigned all the work.  If you are real
good, you will get out of it.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.14 (GNU/Linux)