[ltp] Re: T420 Mute LED

Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:53:23 +0200

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

On Sun, Mar 09, 2014 at 09:58:34PM -0700, Peter FP Zhang wrote:
> T420 Mute/UnMute and its LED handling can not be controlled by event mask=
 or
> other.
> Mute button event is reported to BIOS from embedded controller and BIOS
> processed it by itself to apply the mute setting  and LED. There is no
> interface to manage them.

Is that really a good idea?  When I mute the speaker using software, the
state of the LED doesn't change.  After that, if I use the button, the
LED shows the opposite of the actual mute state.

(X220 here, but I'm assuming the same design.)

Marius Gedminas
--=20
If you are good, you will be assigned all the work.  If you are real
good, you will get out of it.

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62--