[ltp] E145 with AMD A4 quad core experience?

Andrey Cherepivskiy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 May 2014 17:11:19 +0400

I got my E145 with A4 to work without significant problems, except for
a screen brightness control, which does not work even on recent
kernels (3.15.*) with recent thinkpad-acpi (0.25). I have to hibernate
and then adjust brightness while my laptop does initial boot.

I (among many others) reported this brighness control issue in
ibm-acpi-devel, just as thinkpad-acpi suggests in dmesg, but it seems
there's nobody to take care of it now.

HD8330 is poorly supported by open source video driver. In particular,
I couldn't get an xv extension to work. Hence I use the proprietary
video driver.

There's no open source wireless driver (BCM43228) as well. Again, I
use the proprietary one.

In my laptop, cooler fan is constantly spinning. I hear its noise in
relatively quiet environment only, however, this is still quite
annoying.