[ltp] Three-button touchpad configuration on a T440s

Daniel Gröber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 22 May 2014 18:53:20 +0200 (CEST)

----Security_Multipart0(Thu_May_22_18_53_20_2014_711)--

----Next_Part(Thu_May_22_18_53_20_2014_155)--

Put the attached file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ and customize it as
you see fit.

From: Marco Gaiarin <marcogaio@inwind.it>
Subject: [ltp] Three-button touchpad configuration on a T440s
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 23:03:09 +0200

> T440s come with track point, but not phisical three buttons, the
> touchpad
> must be configured accordingly.
>
> I've found:
> 	https://gist.github.com/tfg13/7628614
>
> and works well; but because i'm the only user of that box, i want
> to make it
> default options, the better way seems to me placing a file in
> /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/.
>
> But some options seems not direct compatible between xorg.conf
> syntiax and
> synclient syntiax. Someone have just done a xorg.conf exerpt for a
> T440s or
> similar thinkpad?
>

> Thanks.
>
> --
>   STOP. I wanna go home
>   take off this uniform and leave the show		(Pink Floyd)
>
> --

----Next_Part(Thu_May_22_18_53_20_2014_155)--

# Custom xorg.conf.d snippet that assigns the touchpad driver
# to all touchpads. See xorg.conf.d(5) for more information on
# InputClass.
# Additional options may be added in the form of
#   Option "OptionName" "value"
#
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "touchpad catchall"
        Driver "synaptics"
        MatchIsTouchpad "on"
# This option is recommend on all Linux systems using evdev, but cannot be
# enabled by default. See the following link for details:
# http://who-t.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-ignore-configuration-errors.html
      MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"

      # This sets the top area of the touchpad to not track
      # movement but can be used for left/middle/right clicks
      Option "SoftButtonAreas" "60% 0 0 2400 40% 60% 0 2400"
      Option "AreaTopEdge" "2400"

      # Helps to reduce mouse cursor "jumpiness"
      Option "HorizHysteresis" "30"
      Option "VertHysteresis" "30"

      # Settings reported to work well on an X1 Carbon
      Option "FingerLow" "40"
      Option "FingerHigh" "45"
      Option "MinSpeed" "1"
      Option "MaxSpeed" "1"
      Option "AccelerationProfile" "2"
      Option "ConstantDeceleration" "4"

      # Disable edge scrolling, I prefer two-finger scroll instead
      Option "VertEdgeScroll" "0"

      # Disable tap and drag gesture
      Option "TapAndDragGesture" "0"

      # Enable three-finger tap for middle mouse click
      Option "TapButton3" "2"
EndSection