[ltp] 2nd gen X1 carbon 3g/lte Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE

Nikos Alexandris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 May 2014 22:24:53 +0300

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk

* Bj=F8rn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> [2014-04-25 14:52:03 +0200]:

> morten <mortenlarsens@gmail.com> writes:
>=20
> > Hello Bjorn and others
> >
> > I can report that the 4G modem works on ubuntu 14.04 out of the box
> > using (i guess) cdc_wdm.
>=20
> Yeeha! Good to know.
>=20
> I was really lost here, so it's very relieving that this worked after
> all.  That's how Linux is supposed to be :-)
>=20
How can I try this (in Funtoo/Gentoo)?  I got the networkmanager (KDE)
compiled with support for mobile networking (modemmanager)

I can see the devive "exists" grepping some "cdc" related calls with
dmesg.  But I am not sure how I can proceed in testing if it works.

Also, ifconfig doesn't return any "wwan" related interface.

Thanks for pointers/instructions.

Nikos
>=20

--UugvWAfsgieZRqgk