[ltp] Express card slot cell modem doodad?

Rubin Abdi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 May 2014 18:38:33 -0700

--ntFGiWGrxnEUOBncNFwfw2DcRNg0kmm09

I have a spare sim card through AT&T with data service and am wondering
if there are any express cards that do cell/GSM/HSDPA+ and are supported
under linux? Additionally are these cards generally free of carrier
locks or should I look for a particular kind?

Also I know I can get some internal card for my X220, however I don't
think I ever got the antennas needed for a such a thing, and the second
slot is already being eaten up by a 480GB mSATA drive.

--=20
Rubin
rubin@starset.net