[ltp] Trusty Tahr laggy on X220

John Page linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 May 2014 12:56:48 +0200

--047d7b6763b271ddc604fa73ac24

I have recently tried installing/running the latest version of Ubuntu on my
X220 and it doesn't behave well under load. Even the ui starts lagging when
a cpu intensive job is running. This never happens on Saucy.

I've tried the vanilla version of ubuntu and the ubuntustudio version, I've
tried with and without ulatencyd, and also with and without the p_intel
governers that are supposed to be better for the intel cpu, but no dice. It
always lags under load.

Has anyone else noticed anything?

John

--047d7b6763b271ddc604fa73ac24

n of Ubuntu on my X220 and it doesn&#39;t behave well under load. Even the =
ui starts lagging when a cpu intensive job is running. This never happens o=
n Saucy.<div>

tudio version, I&#39;ve tried with and without ulatencyd, and also with and=
 without the p_intel governers that are supposed to be better for the intel=
 cpu, but no dice. It always lags under load.</div>

div>John</div></div>

--047d7b6763b271ddc604fa73ac24--