[ltp] T410 or T510?

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 May 2014 09:28:40 -0400

--------------090701050109070505060001

On 05/28/2014 08:39 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I have a T61, and am thinking of getting an extra laptop.
>
> I'm considering these two - T410 and T510 (both used).
>
> Which do you think would be better;
>
> and would they be a substantial improvement on my T61,
>
> which I am very happy with.
>
> (My only complaint is that the screen is getting a little dim.)
>
> Any suggestions gratefully received.

I had the same problem except with a R61 and went with a T510.
I'm very! happy with the T510 which at this moment is busy testing out
some of the new 14.04 variants.
The T510 is big and somewhat heavy, not a problem for me because I also
have a Z61T, smartphones, tablets...

I plan to convert the R61 to led backlight next winter.
I do a lot of Android -> BT -> Arm stuff ( IOT) so I often have several
portable devices up at the same time.
Please feel free to email me If you have any questions other than which
one of the great new distros to choose.

--Bert

> --
>
> Timothy Murphy
>
> e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net
>
> School of Mathematics, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland

--------------090701050109070505060001

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
        charset=us-ascii">
    I had the same problem except with a R61 and went with a T510.<br>
    I'm very! happy with the T510 which at this moment is busy testing
    out some of the new 14.04 variants. <br>
    The T510 is big and somewhat heavy, not a problem for me because I
    also have a Z61T, smartphones, tablets...<br>
    I plan to convert the R61 to led backlight next winter.<br>
    I do a lot of Android -&gt; BT -&gt; Arm stuff ( IOT) so I often
    have several portable devices up at the same time.<br>
    Please feel free to email me If you have any questions other than
    which one of the great new distros to choose.<br>
    --Bert<br>
      type="cite">

--------------090701050109070505060001--