[ltp] Re: Trusty Tahr laggy on X220

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 28 May 2014 14:27:51 +0200

--=-=-=

John Page <brmj.page@gmail.com> writes:

> I have recently tried installing/running the latest version of Ubuntu
> on my X220 and it doesn't behave well under load. Even the ui starts
> lagging when a cpu intensive job is running. This never happens on
> Saucy.
>
> I've tried the vanilla version of ubuntu and the ubuntustudio version,
> I've tried with and without ulatencyd, and also with and without the
> p_intel governers that are supposed to be better for the intel cpu,
> but no dice. It always lags under load.
>
> Has anyone else noticed anything?

I haven't upgraded my X220 yet since I noticed problems when upgrading
my X200.

I haven't noticed any UI lag (I'm on Xubuntu though, not Unity).

My mai issue is with wifi, it's drops out a _lot_ with Trusty, possibly
this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1316248
but I haven't had a chance to play around with older kernels to test
yet.

=2D-=20
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

GPG: 0x766AC60C