[ltp] T440s configuration (buying) experiences

Carles Pina i Estany linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Nov 2014 22:53:20 +0000

Hi,

I'm going to purchase my T440s soon and before I check the boxes I
thought to ask for some experiences of people that I trust.

I'm configuring it in the shop.lenovo.com...

a) Storage: I'm thinking of buying 1TB Hard Disk Drive and 16GB M.2
Solid State Drive Single

My current Debian uses a / partition with only 13GB (/home partition I
use 385G).

I'm sure that I can fit my system in 16GB (I can always move a few
things to the hard disk).

Any experience with this configuration? I can have the /boot in the HDD
and then almost all the system in SSD (but /home in HDD)

b) Wireless: I'm thinking of getting the Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260AN
instead of the thinkpad Wireless 2 x 2. Just because seems better, but
any real experience with some of them? Works well using Linux? (Debian)

c) I'm tempted to not buy any Front Battery and buy at some point in the
future. But perhaps the "ThinkPad Battery 3 cell Li-Polymer (23.2Whr)
Front" is only gbp32 and I should buy because it's a good deal? (I'll
look at this soon)

d) HD+ WWAN vs IPS WWAN
Is the IPS the glossy one and HD+ the non-glossy one? Any opinions?

Thank you!

Regards,

--
Carles Pina i Estany