[ltp] X60s 4 GB RAM PAE only 3 recognized (64 Bit)

Paul Seelig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 Nov 2014 21:42:33 +0100

Oh, this is indeed strange...

What PRODUCT-ID or TYPE does your X60s have?

It is usually shown as a seven characters string on a sticker located in
approximately the middle of the back side of any Thinkpad. If there are
two seven character numbers shown, it is the one *not* ending in CTO.
Also, if the sticker is missing, one can see it on the first BIOS screen
as the first seven characters of the "System-unit serial number". Please
do not post the full number, as it contains sensible information, but
just the first seven characters.

One you know this number, using 2533-AJ1 as an example here, you should
be able to find the machine in the Lenovo MTM database as follows (for
me this only works in Firefox):

http://support1.lenovo.com/en_US/landing.page?qpq=2533-AJ1

This gives you something like this as output:

ThinkPad X60s (2533-AJ1)
Based on 2533-A5J: L2300(1.5GHz) 512MB RAM 30GB 4200rpm HD 12.1in
1024x768 LCD Intel 950 802.11abg wireless Modem 1Gb Ethernet Secure chip
IEEE 1394 Fingerprint reader 4c Li-Ion batt WinXP Pro

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Paul