[ltp] USB hotplugging does not work with microcontrollers

Arno Trautmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 23 Nov 2014 10:53:26 +0100

Hi all,

I guess it's a rather simple problem but I was not able to find any help
regarding this specificly:

I have a micocontroller (Arduino Uno and Pro Mini) that communicates via
USB with my X61s, Arch Linux. If the connection is made while booting,
everything is fine. But unplugging and replugging the device, it's not
listed in /dev anymore. On unplugging, dmesg gives:

[  761.318271] usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
[ 1045.093414] usb 5-1: USB disconnect, device number 2
[ 1045.093655] cp210x ttyUSB0: cp210x converter now disconnected from
ttyUSB0
[ 1045.093675] cp210x 5-1:1.0: device disconnected

On replugging, dmesg doesn't report anything.
With a webcam, hotplugging does work. So I'm not sure where exactly to
look for a solution.
Any hint about how to solve this would be highly apperciated!

Best,
Arno