[ltp] seeking help with X220-tablet keys and buttons

Dan Saint-Andre linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 04 Oct 2014 13:41:31 -0500

--------------000700080604020108060508

I'm completely stumped and hope someone here can help.

My X220-tablet has three buttons on the bezel.  Left to right they are:
**  a white dot ..... power toggle (Windows)
**  a circle with arrow ..... one-button CTRL-ALT-DELETE (Windows-7)
**  two rectangles ..... toggle laptop<-->tablet screen orientation
(Windows-7)

Under Linux Mint, the orientation toggle does nothing. Instead, the
circle-arrow causes the orientation to shift.

When I've tried to view the keys and scan codes and such, I cannot get
any response from the two-rectangle button, but it works correctly under
Windows-7.

Are there tools that will let me see events, keys, buttons, etc over in
windows land?
That would let me compare codes with what I see in Linux.

Someone mentioned (without details) that I might need to enable things
by setting bits in the "event mask".  I'm dashed if I can find any
information about what might be involved to do that.

Thanks in advance,
~~~ 0;-Dan

--------------000700080604020108060508

  <head>

  </head>
    I'm completely stumped and hope someone here can help.<br>
    My X220-tablet has three buttons on the bezel.  Left to right they
    are:<br>
    **  a white dot ..... power toggle (Windows)<br>
    **  a circle with arrow ..... one-button CTRL-ALT-DELETE (Windows-7)<br>
    **  two rectangles ..... toggle laptop&lt;--&gt;tablet screen
    orientation (Windows-7)<br>
    Under Linux Mint, the orientation toggle does nothing. Instead, the
    circle-arrow causes the orientation to shift.<br>
    When I've tried to view the keys and scan codes and such, I cannot
    get any response from the two-rectangle button, but it works
    correctly under Windows-7.<br>
    Are there tools that will let me see events, keys, buttons, etc over
    in windows land?<br>
    That would let me compare codes with what I see in Linux.<br>
    Someone mentioned (without details) that I might need to enable
    things by setting bits in the "event mask".  I'm dashed if I can
    find any information about what might be involved to do that.<br>
    Thanks in advance,<br>
    ~~~ 0;-Dan<br>

--------------000700080604020108060508--