[ltp] Re: Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE

Bjørn Mork linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 10 Oct 2014 15:30:22 +0200

Luca Fornasari <luca.fornasari@gmail.com> writes:
> On 08.10.2014 10:41, Nikos Alexandris wrote:
>
> [..]
>> It works! `mmcli -m 0 --simple-connect=pin=1234,apn=yourapn` ends =
up in
>> a successful connection :-)
>
> Hi, I'm trying to use the Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE ...
> Can you or Bjørn sum up what kernel version and libmbim should be us=
ed?

> I understand the module cdc_ncm has to be loaded with "prefer_mbim=Y"
> but I'm a bit lost understanding what kernel and library should be
> used.

I believe any released version should work.  But I haven't actually
tested any of the older driver or libmbim versions, so I could be
wrong... There have been a number of fixes and features added over time,
before anyone ever tested an EM7345.

If you want a tested reference, then the current Debian "jessie"
versions are good. I am using an EM7345 successfully with these
packages:

bjorn@nemi:~$ apt-cache policy modemmanager
modemmanager:
  Installed: 1.4.0-1