[ltp] Re: Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE

Nikos Alexandris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 10 Oct 2014 17:00:33 +0300

[..]

Luca Fornasari <luca.fornasari@gmail.com> writes:

>> Hi, I'm trying to use the Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE ...
>> Can you or Bj=C3=B8rn sum up what kernel version and libmbim should be=
=20
>> used?
>> I understand the module cdc_ncm has to be loaded with=20
>> "prefer_mbim=3DY"
>> but I'm a bit lost understanding what kernel and library should be
>> used.

I use the same versions (as mentioned below) under Funtoo (3.16.2-3=20
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz GenuineIntel). Nothing to add=20
(from an end-user perspective) besides than loading the "cdc_ncm"=20
module, with the parameter of interest, during the boot process, might=20
slow-down quite a bit the overall boot experience.

Not sure, maybe some kind of a script that would work on-demand, would=20
perform better (i.e. won't slow-down booting).