[ltp] X200: more than 8 Gigas RAM

Paul Bolle linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 11 Oct 2014 20:33:18 +0200

On Sat, 2014-10-11 at 18:52 +0200, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> I did not realize that I have 8 G of swap, but only 4 G of RAM so I
> could upgrade.

That line is a bit hard to parse.

> In
> http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Unofficial_maximum_memory_specs
> it states that unofficially 8 G are supported.  Does this mean I have
> to unofficially upgrade the BIOS?

I'm not sure what "unofficially upgrade the BIOS" means.

Anyhow, I think using the unofficial maximum memory just means that
you're on your own. Ie, if your ThinkPad can't properly handle that
amount of memory that's your problem, not Lenovo's. So far, using the
maximum for a machine on that list - after double checking through some
Google searches - worked for me. On a couple of laptops, actually. I
hope it works for you too.

Paul Bolle