[ltp] Re: The last Thinkpad to have

Joerg Bruehe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 02 Sep 2014 13:34:45 +0200

Hi!

On 02.09.2014 03:12, Martin N wrote:
> Hello,

>>> Thanks.  I'd also be interested in "the last 16:10" thinkpads (since =
it
>>> seems all new ones have moved to 16:9).
>>
>> This is indeed a useful resource. Another question would be "last
>> thinkpad to have a trackpoint with real buttons"
>> (as opposed to the clickpad in the X1 carbon Gen2).
>
> i didnt realise they had dropped real buttons.

Lenovo has dropped them.
The last one having them seems to be the T530.

I do not remember having seen any model in the generation 4 with mouse=20
buttons (either above or below the touchpad), definitely none with a 14=20
or 15 inch screen at FHD resolution (1920 * 1080).

The T530 was still available at some shops in mid-August, but not at=20
others, I don't know the reasons behind that (large pile in stock?).
And it does have the wide screen, 16:9, there seems to be no chance to=20
avoid that. It is non-glossy.

Regards,
J=F6rg

--=20
Joerg Bruehe  - persoenliche Aeusserung / speaking only for himself
mailto:joerg.bruehe@web.de