[ltp] Headset connector on newer Thinkpads

Joerg Bruehe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 04 Sep 2014 16:05:35 +0200

Dear all!

I got a Thinkpad T530 and am now searching for a headset.

The analogue connector is just a single 3.5 mm socket with 4 leads,=20
combining earphones and microphone in one. Checking several local shops, =

I did not find a suitable headset - they either have 2 plugs of 3.5 mm=20
with 3 leads each, or they use USB.

1) Does anybody know a brand producing headsets with the single 4-lead=20
3.5 mm plug?

2) Is it possible to use a USB headset on the T530 running Ubuntu 14.04?
I need it for Skype and a SIP (VoIP) softphone.

Thanks for hints,
J=F6rg

--=20
Joerg Bruehe  - persoenliche Aeusserung / speaking only for himself
mailto:joerg.bruehe@web.de
=09