[ltp] Laptop-mode and docks?

Alexandre Kalmeijer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 17 Sep 2014 21:58:51 +0200

--001a11c3705201fe9a0503484c12

Hi, you could try TLP instead.

Op woensdag 17 september 2014 heeft Rubin Abdi <rubin@starset.net> het
volgende geschreven:

> I have an X220 and one of the fancier mini docks with USB3 and all that
> jazz. My X220 has an MSATA drive with all of Debian on it, and a 1TB
> platter drive that contains all my media and static-ish files.
>
> Using the package laptop-mode-tools/laptop-mode I've enabled it to spin
> down the platter drive after about 8 seconds of idle when I'm not
> plugged into a battery, and just leave the drive running when I'm
> plugged into wall power. This works fine, however when I plug into a
> dock, it seems like most of the time laptop-mode thinks it's still
> running off of battery and will spin down the drive constantly.
>
> Has anyone encountered this or a similar issue and has some advice on
> how to get laptop-mode to recognize the dock as wall power?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Rubin
> rubin@starset.net <javascript:;>

--001a11c3705201fe9a0503484c12

tember 2014 heeft Rubin Abdi &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:rubin@starset.net">rubin=
@starset.net</a>&gt; het volgende geschreven:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail=
_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:=
1ex">I have an X220 and one of the fancier mini docks with USB3 and all tha=
t<br>
jazz. My X220 has an MSATA drive with all of Debian on it, and a 1TB<br>
platter drive that contains all my media and static-ish files.<br>
Using the package laptop-mode-tools/laptop-mode I&#39;ve enabled it to spin=
down the platter drive after about 8 seconds of idle when I&#39;m not<br>
plugged into a battery, and just leave the drive running when I&#39;m<br>
plugged into wall power. This works fine, however when I plug into a<br>
dock, it seems like most of the time laptop-mode thinks it&#39;s still<br>
running off of battery and will spin down the drive constantly.<br>
Has anyone encountered this or a similar issue and has some advice on<br>
how to get laptop-mode to recognize the dock as wall power?<br>
Thanks.<br>
--<br>
Rubin<br>
arset.net&#39;)">rubin@starset.net</a><br>