[ltp] Re: Gen 2 (Haswell) X1 Carbon suspend to RAM hang

Nikos Alexandris linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 22 Sep 2014 13:05:59 +0300

Nikos Alexandris:

>> Dear Bj=C3=B8rn,
>> can you please verify if support for the adaptive keybarod is in the=20
>> 3.14.19
>> kernel?  And, should we expect it to work even after suspend and=20
>> resume?

Bj=C3=B8rn Mork:

> No, it doesn't look like it is.  The support went into v3.15 and I
> cannot find any backport to the v3.14 stable.  The patch author will
> probably know more about why and why not....

>> I am trying to apply the patch but it seems that it's already there.

> Maybe it's conflicting with some other unrelated change?

Thanks for the quick response. So, I should simply try to force=20
applying the patch? And even then, the "old" method of `rmmdod=20
thinkpad_acpi` responds always with "rmmod: ERROR: Module thinkpad_acpi=20
is in use".

I have the source and the headers of linux-3.14.19 beforehand. Though,=20
I am running on=20
<https://github.com/fearedbliss/bliss-overlay/blob/master/sys-kernel/blis=
s-kernel/bliss-kernel-3.14.19.ebuild>.

Nikos