[ltp] x61: Fan error

Paul Seelig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 03 Apr 2015 00:53:41 +0200

On 04/03/2015 12:36 AM, Rob Tomsick wrote:
> I actually think the new site is an improvement for looking up
> information.  It's certainly not any harder to find info about old
> products.

Try that with "Thinkpad T23" or "Thinkpad X31" and you will understand
what the new site is lacking. Not that a T23 or X31 are still very
useful for the majority of people nowadays, but even these ancient
models are still used and repaired by less demanding users.

@Paul Bolle: Regarding fan cleaning with canned air, it is advisable to
avoid the fan from spinning by blocking its rotors with a tooth pick or
similar while blowing it out.

As some users learned the hard way, impeding fast fan rotation during
the dust cleaning prevents building up an electrical currency which in
the worst case might fry a fuse on the motherboard, or worse.

Regards,
Paul