[ltp] monitor flickers in three horizontal lines until I prod the lower left

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Apr 2015 13:10:53 +0200

--=-=-=

Hi,

Some days ago, my X220 suddenly started showing three horizontal lines
on the monitor, and flickering a lot and skewing in various directions
(a bit like that old screensaver that pretends your monitor is dying).
It's definitely a hardware thing, I restarted the computer, and it
happens throughout the boot. The one way I can stop it is by prodding
the plastic LCD frame on the left half of the bottom part, over where
the connection to the LCD panel is. That keeps it from flickering until
I bump the table or something. I tried following
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D7RwO6ZlyzGA and removing the plastic and
lifting out the panel, but I didn't dare peel off the plastic of the
actual connection =E2=80=93 it seemed to be completely connected from what I
could see though.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? And hopefully fixed it? :)

(I did get the screen replaced about a year ago, but it's no longer
under warranty. I haven't checked yet if there's any sort of warranty
on the replacement itself =E2=80=A6)

=2D-=20
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

GPG: 0x766AC60C