[ltp] T420 /proc/acpi/ibm/video not working

Jagged O'Neill linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 8 Feb 2015 20:50:46 +0100

On Sun, Feb 08, 2015 at 04:46:15PM +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> On Saturday 07 February 2015 12:14:45 David Woodfall wrote:
>
> > commands:       lcd_enable, lcd_disable
> > commands:       crt_enable, crt_disable
> > commands:       dvi_enable, dvi_disable
> > commands:       auto_enable, auto_disable
> > commands:       video_switch, expand_toggle
>
> I get the same output on my T520 under Fedora-21/KDE
> in /proc/acpi/ibm/video.
> But I have no idea what it means.
> How does one give the command lcd_enable, for example,
> and what effect does it have?

You echo those commands into the very same file. See
  https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/laptops/thinkpad-acpi.txt
(some lines above the middle of the document).

Don't know if it's worth it, however. When I use an external display
with my TP, I prefer to let xrandr manage them.

Regards,
Jagged

--
valgrind python -c 'for i in range(1,1): print(i)' 2>&1 | grep error