[ltp] T60 Core2Duo

Wed, 25 Feb 2015 22:00:16 +0000

On 25/02/15 21:05, Ralph Spitzner wrote:
> I recently 'upgraded' my T60 to a 2GHz Core2Duo, normally, when running
> Linux everything seems fine.
> Switching to Windows however the thing seems to get a bit warm...
>
> Any of you know of heatpipe/vent options available ? (FRU No.)

You may need to bend the heatsink a bit - at least some people have had
luck using a penny to press it down more, and you may also find it
useful to change the GPU's thermal interface (which is a thermal pad
about 3mm thick).

In mine, it's really the GPU which is the culprit, as far as I can tell,
even when the machine is idle.

HTH,

Richard