[ltp] Re: Xorg doesn't work since Debian Wheezy --> Jessie update

Connor Behan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 26 Jun 2015 02:20:21 -0400

--jA7rV9Eg4t4JwfUAVI1BHjA4B6vruq82N

On 25/06/15 06:01 AM, alfon.gz@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I recently updated Debian on my ThinkPad X31. After update, Xorg
> system doesn't work, it seems than no recognize the device driver.
>
> With Kernel Mode Settings (KMS), the Radeon RV100 card works again (I
> did that putting radeon.modeset =3D 1 on kernel options)
>
> With KMS Xorg is extremely slow, and I don't know why.
>
> Is there a way to make Xorg works faster with KMS?
>
> Is there a way to make Xorg works without KMS like before update?
>
> Thanks in advance.

This is hardly Thinkpad related but at the minimum, you need to post
your Xorg.0.log to give people an idea of what problem KMS is having.

You say that UMS doesn't work anymore? This is to be expected as support
was removed from xf86-video-ati some time ago. An old system where it
worked was probably using a 6.x version.