[ltp] Well-Made Computers (Was: Repairing Thinkpad chargers)

green linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 6 Mar 2015 21:03:45 -0600

Paul Seelig wrote at 2015-03-06 16:24 -0600:
> While the T23 was a really nice machine back in its days which even
> remained useful for a long time afterwards, in my not so humble opinion,
> the sweet spot for a well made Thinkpad is the T60/T61 generation.

Though I do not have a long history with ThinkPads, I really like the
T61 model. I feel that it still provides everything I need, with the
exception of display brightness. Otherwise, the 4:3 SXGA+ display has
a nice pixel density and aspect ratio.

> Entering the Frankenpad: A community of talented hardware hackers found
> out that the more capable T61 4:3/14.1" mainboard was compatible enough
> to be refitted into the T60 4:3/15" shell hosting the much better IPS or
> Flexview displays.

I wish it were possible to use a 14.1 inch shell instead.