[ltp] Well-Made Computers (Was: Repairing Thinkpad chargers)

Matt Jenny linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 7 Mar 2015 22:46:03 -0500

--001a1134be8cbed6a10510bec10b

It is kinda dim, do not have a way to test it, it is not daylight readable
and good fluorescent lighting will make it hard to see.

On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 7:24 PM, green <greenfreedom10@gmail.com> wrote:

> Paul Seelig wrote at 2015-03-07 07:04 -0600:
> > On 03/07/2015 04:03 AM, green wrote:
> > > I wish it were possible to use a 14.1 inch shell instead.
> > >
> > Unfortunately, there are no IPS/Flexview nor LED backlit displays of
> > that size. For an LED backlight, the only option is to manually replace
> > the CCFL with an aftermarket LED kit. Lots of people are already doing
> > exactly this.
> >
> > If you search for this topic on the usual thinkpad forum sites you will
> > find lots of results. I didn't dare trying myself yet, as this seems to
> > be no straighforward modification with mixed results.
>
> I would like to try it too, but I also am concerned about the
> results. Have you seen this excellent resource?
>
> https://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/thinkpad/led-backlight.shtml

--001a1134be8cbed6a10510bec10b

aylight readable and good fluorescent lighting will make it hard to see.</d=
 2015 at 7:24 PM, green <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:greenfreedo=
m10@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">greenfreedom10@gmail.com</a>&gt;</span> wr=
ote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border=
-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Paul Seelig wrote at 2015-03-07 07:0=
4 -0600:<br>
&gt; &gt; I wish it were possible to use a 14.1 inch shell instead.<br>
&gt; &gt;<br>
&gt; Unfortunately, there are no IPS/Flexview nor LED backlit displays of<b=
r>
&gt; that size. For an LED backlight, the only option is to manually replac=
e<br>
&gt; the CCFL with an aftermarket LED kit. Lots of people are already doing=
&gt; exactly this.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; If you search for this topic on the usual thinkpad forum sites you wil=
l<br>
&gt; find lots of results. I didn&#39;t dare trying myself yet, as this see=
ms to<br>
&gt; be no straighforward modification with mixed results.<br>
results. Have you seen this excellent resource?<br>
target=3D"_blank">https://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/thinkpad/led-backlight.=
shtml</a><br>

--001a1134be8cbed6a10510bec10b--